LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department is offering up some important tips as a busy week begins across the Las Vegas valley.
The 2022 NFL Draft will hit the Las Vegas Strip on Thursday, April 28, concluding on the 30.
LVMPD took to Twitter to release some reminders for those planning on making a trip to the Strip during the next few days reminding the public of the prohibited items, which are as follows:
NFL DRAFT DO’S AND DON’TS
- Make sure you sign up for entry (required) with NFL OnePass
- Plan ahead for road closures and transportation
- adhere to all laws and safety guidelines
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Baseball or softball bats
- Glass bottles
- Firearms, toy replicas, weapons, knives, and explosives
- Illegal substances
- Aerosol sprays, mace, pepper spray
- Inflatable devices such as balloons, beach balls
- Any projectile launchers or other similar devices
Other items also prohibited at NFL Draft Experience
- Motorized scooters and skateboards
- Chairs, stools, or other seating devices
- Bottles, cans, thermoses, coolers aerosol cans, cups, and beverage containers of any kind, unless purchased at an NFL venue or an empty, reusable water bottle
- Any other item deemed inappropriate or unsafe by the NFL or Las Vegas Metro Police Department
- Offensive or obscene clothing, banners, or signs including the use of language or gestures
Security screening in and around the NFL Draft experience will be significantly heightened. All items carried in are subject to inspection.
LVMPD also advises drivers to plan ahead for road closures and other options when it comes to transportation.
The public is advised to sign up for entry to the many NFL Draft activities by uploading the NFL OnePass.