UPDATE 3/19/21 6:45 P.M.: The Golden Knights have announced William Karlsson experienced a false positive COVID test in Los Angeles Friday.
The forward will rejoin the team and has been removed from the COVID Protocol list.
LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — As the Vegas Golden Knights prepare for Friday night’s game against the Los Angeles Kings, they will be without one of their top players.
Golden Knights center William Karlsson was added to the NHL COVID list Friday. There is no word on if Karlsson has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to the policy put forth by the NHL, “COVID Protocol Related Absences” can be the result of a number of factors including, among others:
- An initial positive test which remains unconfirmed until confirmatory testing is completed pursuant to the Positive Test Protocol
- Mandated isolation for symptomatic individuals pursuant to the Positive Test Protocol
- Required quarantine as a high-risk close contact in accordance with the Positive Test Protocol
- Isolation based on a confirmed positive test result and/or
- Quarantine for travel or other reasons as outlined in the COVID-19 Protocol.
There is no word on how long Karlsson will be out.