LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Las Vegas fell to Montreal in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Semifinals Tuesday night, with a final score of 4-1. The Canadiens pull forward in the series, with a lead of 3-2.
The Knights will head to Montreal’s Bell Centre for Game 6, slated for Thursday at 5 p.m.
- Canadiens’ Jesperi Kotkaniemi scores at 8:45 into the 1st; assists from Anderson and Byron
END OF 1ST: Canadiens take 1-0 lead over Knights; shots on goal even, 6-6
- Canadiens’ Eric Staal scores at 6:32 into the 2nd; assists from Suzuki and Toffoli
- Canadiens’ Cole Caufield scores on the power play at 9:49 into the 2nd; assists from Perry and Suzuki
END OF 2ND: Canadiens extend lead to 3-0; also lead in shots on goal, 17-15
- Knights’ Max Pacioretty scores at 4:09 into the 3rd to put Vegas on the board (assist from Nicolas Roy); Montreal leads 3-1
- Canadiens’ Nick Suzuki scores at 18:54 into the 3rd
END OF GAME: Canadiens win with final score of 4-1
The Golden Knights are 21-5-2 at home and expect this game to be a big and loud one, filled with 18,000 fans.
Vegas has been without first line forward Chandler Stephenson since game one of the series, but he is back in the lineup tonight.
“The mindset right now is to worry about one game. We did a good job of battling back and tying it up and now we just take care of tonight,” Vegas forward Keegan Kolesar said during the media availability Tuesday morning.
“I don’t think any of us are feeling pressure. I think the biggest thing for our group is playing our style of play which is a fast-paced style,” Vegas defenseman Nick Holden said.
FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK LINE: Golden Knights -238, Canadiens +197; over/under is 5
The Canadiens are 11-10-7 on the road. Montreal is 24th in the league with 31.2 shots per game and is averaging 2.8 goals.
DURING THE PLAYOFFS: Golden Knights: Averaging 2.9 goals, 5.0 assists, 2.7 penalties and 7.1 penalty minutes while giving up 2.3 goals per game with a .912 save percentage.
Canadiens: Averaging 2.4 goals, 3.8 assists, 3.2 penalties and 7.1 penalty minutes while giving up 2.3 goals per game with a .927 save percentage.
INJURIES: Golden Knights: Peyton Krebs: out (upper body), Chandler Stephenson: day to day (undisclosed).
Canadiens: Jake Evans: out (concussion).