A Las Vegas teenager, who was shot at by a Metro Police officer, has been certified as an adult to face numerous charges.
Darius Higuera, 16, was arrested March 30 after he allegedly broke into a home in southwest Las Vegas near Buffalo Drive and Mountain’s Edge Parkway. Police had received reports of a prowler in the neighborhood. During their investigation, they heard glass breaking at a nearby home.
According to police, Higuera had a long gun and was running away as an officer chased him. At one point, the two encountered each other and Higuera pointed the gun at the officer, the officer fired and missed.
The suspect jumped into a yard where a resident struck him with a baseball bat ending the chase.
Higuera is facing the following charges:
- Two counts Burglary while in Possession of a Firearm
- Two counts Home Invasion with a Deadly Weapon
- Two counts Grand Larceny with a Gun
- Two counts Possession Stolen Property
- Attempted Burglary
- Burglary while in Possession of a Gun
- Two counts of Resisting a Public Officer with a Firearm
- Two counts of Assault with a Deadly Weapon on Protected Person
- Conspiracy to commit Burglary