Projects that will improve and repave large sections of Maryland Parkway and Eastern Avenue in the central Las Vegas valley will get underway next week, says the Clark County Office of Public Communications.
The work on Maryland Parkway will be between Russell Road and Twain Avenue. The Eastern improvements will be between Flamingo and Desert Inn roads. The projects will cause lane shifts and lane closures at various times through Sept.
The expected impacts to traffic within the next few weeks include:
- Monday, March 25, starting around 7 a.m. there will be intermittent lane closures on the southbound side of Maryland Parkway between Flamingo and Cottage Grove roads. These periodic lane closures are expected to last until late May.
- Monday, March 25, starting around 7 a.m. there will be work on the median on Cottage Grove between Cottage Circle and Maryland Parkway. There are no lane closures or lane shifts associated with this work, which is expected to be completed by Wednesday, March 27.
- Tuesday, March 26, from 5 to 6 a.m. Cottage Grove will be closed from Maryland Parkway to Cottage Grove Circle.
- Wednesday, March 27, starting around 7 a.m. there will be lane shifts on Cottage Grove that will last until late May, when a new Cottage Grove alignment is complete.
- April 8, there will be periodic lane closures on Maryland Parkway between Russell and Twain through August. There are typically three lanes for through traffic in this area. At times, parts of Maryland Parkway here will be reduced to one or two lanes.
- April 15, there will be periodic lane shifts and lane closures on Eastern Avenue between Flamingo and Desert Inn roads through August.
Later this spring and summer, drivers will see periodic lane closures on Maryland Parkway between Russell Road and Twain Avenue.
The projects include significant reconstruction of the pavement, new medians, improvements to some sections of sidewalk, curb and gutter, and a new traffic signal at Cottage Grove Road and Maryland Parkway.