The roundup continues to save rabbits from potentially dying outside a Las Vegas psychiatric treatment center. 

Volunteers took time Monday to rescue more rabbits from the property after nearly 30 were found dead over the weekend. They were found at the Desert Willow Treatment Center on Charleston Boulevard near Jones Boulevard.

The cause of the deaths is still unknown, but volunteers are not taking any chances and are working to save the surviving rabbits.

Volunteers were able to round up 60 rabbits Sunday of the hundreds roaming around the facility. The rabbit situation has been an issue for years with many people abandoning the animals on the property. It escalated once the state released a public health notice a few days ago saying the rabbits may carry diseases and suddenly dozens died at once.     

Now, the effort continues to save the ones still alive. 

Stacey Taylor and others carefully handle bunnies in carriers, getting ready to transport them away from the Desert Willow Treatment Center property where roughly 30 rabbits died suspiciously over the weekend.                    

“Everything looks, appears to be OK today, we haven’t found anything as of yet,” said Stacey Taylor, founder, Bunnies Matter in Vegas Too.

Rescue groups like Bunnies Matter in Vegas Too continue working tirelessly trying to round up their furry friends.

Taylor believes the dead rabbits were intentionally poisoned.

“We’re not going to go anywhere just because they’re doing this, we’re still going to fight for the rabbits that are left.”

Fighting with some help from others volunteering to stay through the night and keep an eye out. 

“We had some independent trappers come out for us,” Taylor said.

“Sat here all night long until they got here today,” said Ralph Mansch, animal activist.

He stepped away from his typical duties.

“I’m known as the pit bull guardian,” he said.

From saving dogs to now saving bunnies.  He says an unusual situation happened Monday morning during his watch. 

“We had a car pull up and throw a bunch of food on the ground,” Mansch said. “As I got it, picked up, I had something all over my hands, it was anti-freeze.”

Taylor plans to send that off along with three dead rabbits and food collected Sunday to a lab for testing.

“We are sending them off to be tested at a different facility separate from us and separate from the state,” Taylor said.

They hope to get some answers as to why the rabbits may be dying.  However, the focus now is to save the others and find them a fur-ever home.

Volunteers plan to continue rounding up bunnies into the evening. Some plan to even stay overnight again to keep an eye out and prevent any activity that may harm the rabbits.