LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Las Vegas will get its first look inside the new $989 million West Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center in a Thursday event for Global Meetings Industry Day.
The new facility publicly opens its doors for World of Concrete in early June.
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) will bring together five panelists to discuss the state of the meeting and conventions industry.
Convention business has been one of the biggest missing pieces as the Las Vegas economy rebounds from the COVID-19 pandemic, along with international tourism and air tourism.
In a news release announcing the event, the LVCVA said, “Las Vegas has been the number one trade show destination in North America for 26 consecutive years according to the Trade Show News Network (TSNN.) With 14 million square feet of meeting space throughout the destination, the meetings and convention industry represents $11.4 billion in economic impact to the area.”
Panelists for the Global Meetings Industry Day event will be:
- Steve Hill, Chief Executive Officer and CEO, LVCVA
- Chandra Allison, Senior Vice President of Hotel Sales & Marketing, The Venetian Resort Las Vegas and Las Vegas Sands Corp.
- Chris Flatt, Executive Vice President of Hotel Sales & Marketing, Wynn Resorts
- Stephanie Glanzer, Chief Sales Officer & Senior Vice President of Sales, MGM Resorts International
- Mike Massari, Chief Sales Officer, Caesars Entertainment