LOS ANGELES (KRON) – Tributes continue to pour in from around the world to honor the late, great Kobe Bryant, who was killed in a helicopter crash along with 8 other people Sunday.
Among the tributes – a heartwrenching rendition of “Amor Eterno” put on by a mariachi band outside the Staples Center.
The 1984 farewell ballad by Juan Gabriel is commonly played at funerals, memorials, and vigils.
“How I wish that you lived, that your little eyes never had closed, and to be looking at them… Love eternal and unforgettable, sooner or later I will be with you, to continue loving each other,” the lyrics translate to English.
Fans were so moved by the performance that soon afterward #AmorEterno started trending on Twitter.
- US House passes historic bill that would decriminalize cannabis on the federal level
- Woman who drove over nail salon manager agrees to plea deal
- Smoke from around chimney displaces two people in Friday morning fire
- December is chilly and dry for now
- ‘No way did we ever dream of this.’ Four Oklahoma siblings die of COVID-19 in less than three weeks