Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- UNLVPD: 7 golf carts stolen from university’s main campus
- Wild horse adoption auction to be hosted virtually
- I-Team: District attorney, lawyers among contributors to Nevada Supreme Court candidates
- Some claimants still experiencing issues with Bank of America cards
- Mother allegedly straps 13-year-old son with meth, fentanyl in failed smuggling attempt