NYE COUNTY, Nev (KLAS) — A child was one of three people killed in a head-on crash on US 95 near Scotty’s Junction on March 27. The incident occurred around 3:57 p.m.
Nevada Highway Patrol (NHP) says according to the preliminary investigation, a tan 1998 Ford F-150, driven by an adult male, was traveling northbound when it partially entered the southbound travel lane and struck a silver 2011 Toyota Highlander head on. Two adults and three juveniles were in the Toyota.
The Toyota traveled into the dirt shoulder and overturned, ejecting a female adult and two juveniles.
NHP gave the following information about all those involved:
- Ford F150
- Unrestrained adult male driver of Ford F150 from Tolleson, Arizona, transported to UMC Trauma in serious condition
- Toyota Highlander
- All from Victor, Idaho
- Unrestrained male juvenile transported to UMC Trauma in critical condition
- Restrained male juvenile transported to UMC Trauma, stable
- Restrained male adult driver succumbed to injuries sustained in crash, pronounced dead on scene
- Unrestrained female adult passenger succumbed to injuries sustained in crash, pronounced dead on scene
- Unrestrained female juvenile passenger succumbed to injuries sustained in crash, pronounced dead on scene
Troopers say impairment is suspected in the incident, but that all information is preliminary as the investigation continues.
This is the 18th fatal crash in NHP Southern Command’s jurisdiction. These incidents have resulted in 23 fatalities.