The Las Vegas Strip has closed to vehicle traffic for the next several hours so thousands of New Year’s Eve revelers can celebrate.
South and northbound I-15 ramps were closed by the Nevada Department of Transportation starting at 5 p.m. on the following roads:
- Spring Mountain Road
- Flamingo Road
- Tropicana Avenue
Motorists will still be able to enter and exit the freeway at Sahara Avenue and Russell Road. Vehicle access will also be restricted at the following locations:
- Tropicana Avenue westbound at Koval Lane
- Tropicana Avenue eastbound at Industrial/Dean Martin Drive
- Flamingo Road eastbound at Valley View Bloulevard
- The right lane on Sahara Avenue eastbound at I-15 will have one lane closed to allow a dedicated turn lane from the off-ramp at I-15 northbound to Sahara Avenue eastbound.
- East and westbound Sahara Avenue turn lanes onto Las Vegas Boulevard southbound will be closed.
Ramp restrictions will be lifted between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. on Jan. 1, 2019.