LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Las Vegas Metro Police have released new details about upcoming road closures this Friday and Saturday around the resort corridor and downtown due to dignitary travel for the late Sen. Harry Reid’s memorial service.
The memorial is taking place at the Smith Center at 11 a.m. Saturday.
Due to President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden attending, along with former President Barack Obama, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, several roads will be closed on and off both Friday and Saturday.
On Friday, according to police, expect road closures on Russell Road near the Harry Reid International Airport, the airport connector, I-215 to I-15, and I-15 to Spring Mountain Road, at some point between the hours of 6 and 9 p.m.
On Saturday, expect road closures on I-15 from Spring Mountain Road to the Spaghetti Bowl, at some point between the hours of 9 and 11 a.m. and again at some point between 12 and 3 p.m.,
There are several roads, garages, access closures, and parking relocations occurring in the downtown area.
City Parkway Garage will be closed for vehicle parking/access from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- All ParkWiz parking reservations have been paused during this time.
- There will be no access to vehicles to enter or leave (if already parked) in the garage during this time.
- All city employees and monthly parkers should relocate to the 500 Main St. garage.
- You may use the third-level connector pedestrian bridge to walk over from 500 Main St. to City Parkway.
- Please have your badge or identification available, as LVMPD will be posted at the City Parkway Garage.
Children’s Discovery Museum Garage will be closed from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Parking options: Promenade Garage, Symphony Park Lot or 500 Main St. Garage.
Promenade Garage and Symphony Park Lot will be open and available for parking.
- You may access the garage from either Grand Central Parkway or Robin Leach to Promenade Place.
- You may access the Symphony Park Lot from Robin Leach to Promenade Place.
Road Closures in effect from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
- Symphony Park Avenue Eastbound at Grand Central Parkway;
- Currently Symphony Park Avenue westbound will be open; however this may change on Saturday to a closure;
- Robin Leach east of Promenade Place;
- City Parkway from Robin Leach to Symphony Park Avenue (north of the Park);
- Frontage Road (east of the City Parkway Garage along railroad tracks) to the Parc Haven Apartments.
Air Force One arrived in Las Vegas Friday evening and will depart Saturday afternoon.
Air travel will also be affected for a short time when President Biden arrives and departs from Reid International. However, arrival and departure times have not been made public at this time