UPDATE: Portable space heater cause of fire that killed woman in North Las Vegas

Local News

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The North Las Vegas Fire Department said a portable space heater is to blame for a fire that claimed the life of a 74-year-old woman in North Las Vegas Thursday night.

The fire occurred in a double wide trailer home on Orr Avenue near Carey Avenue and Pecos Road.

According to a Facebook post from the City of North Las Vegas Fire Department, the electric heater caught the woman’s bedding on fire.

Courtesy: North Las Vegas Fire Department

The fire department has safety recommendations when using portable heaters.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Trending Stories