According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Rays walk off for 8-7 win over Dodgers to even World Series
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Metro: Suspect fled scene, left children behind after fatally shooting neighbor
- Biden surrogates encourage Nevadans to vote while campaigning in Las Vegas
- One man dead following shooting in North Las Vegas