Officials: Homeless man burned after falling asleep while smoking

Local News

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Las Vegas Fire and Rescue say a homeless man is suffering from serious burns after he fell asleep on a sidewalk while smoking.

Officials say it happened on Sunday around 10:30 a.m. on South Las Vegas Boulevard, near Charleston Boulevard.

The 60-year-old homeless man was sitting on the sidewalk smoking when he fell asleep. His clothes caught fire and he was taken to UMC with serious burns.

LV Fire and Rescue said in the tweet that the cause was “careless smoking.”

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories