Donation fund started to help family displaced by accidental garage fire in northwest valley

Local News

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — A donation fund has started to help a family who was displaced by a garage fire on Saturday in the northwest valley.

A family of five and their four animals escaped their home, located near Alta Drive and Cimarron Road, after a fire broke out inside their garage early Saturday morning, Las Vegas Fire and Rescue says.

Dispatchers received 9-1-1 calls at 4:25 a.m. from the occupants that reported their house was on fire.

When firefighters arrived, smoke was showing from the garage of a two-story, wood-frame house and all the occupants were outside.

It took firefighters less than 10 minutes to control fire, and they were able to confine it to the garage. The estimated damage is approximately $25,000.

The fire was started accidentally, according to LVFR. The residents of the home told firefighters they believe a candle left burning in the garage was the cause.

The family told 8 News Now that one of their dogs alerted them of the fire. That dog has been rushed to emergency surgery, according to the family.

There is now a donation page set up on Facebook to raise money for the family’s loss. Click the link below to donate.

https://www.facebook.com/donate/115954200260309/2088025547995450/

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Trending Stories