LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Just ahead of the Fourth of July holiday weekend, three new life jacket stations have been added along Boulder Beach at Lake Mead.
“We have life jacket loaner stations at our beaches to help save lives,” said Superintendent Margaret L. Goodro. “Please make sure your kids have life jackets on and adults too. Winds and waves can pick up quickly and make it difficult even for the strongest swimmer.”
The life jackets range from infant to adult sizes and are free to use. The stands are at Boulder Beach, including Special Events Beach and Canoe-Kayak Beach.
Rangers remind Lake Mead visitors to be safe:
- Wear a life jacket while swimming and boating
- Fireworks are prohibited at all times.
- Seasonal fire restrictions are in place. Campfires are not allowed in the backcountry, except along shorelines.
- Shoreline campfires must be 100 feet from vegetation and structures and in a fire pit or grill.
- Limit group sizes to 10 or less and spread out at least 10 feet from the group next to yours.
- Pack out your trash or place it in a park dumpster.
- Don’t drink and drive or operate a boat.