LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Walmart customers in Nevada will soon starting seeing changes at local stores.
The company is spending $16.3 million to upgrade its Nevada stores with new technologies.
According to a news release, the company says the upgrades will change the way people shop and allow associates to better serve customers.
The company released its plan for Nevada stores:
- 2 store remodels
- Free grocery pickup service coming to 16 stores
- Grocery delivery coming to 6 stores
- 5 Walmart pickup towers going up
- 15 stores will received automated floor scrubbers
- 15 stores will receive a new automated delivery truck unloader
Concerns have been raised that the upgrades will take away jobs from current employees.