(CORRECTION: 8 News Now incorrectly identified Michael Hines as Jeffery Michael Clark when this story was posted July 2. Clark is another inmate facing sex charges. The charges in the initial story were also incorrect. Those charges were for Clark. Hines’ correct charges are listed below.)
LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Michael Hines, 46, has been indicted on multiple child sex crime charges by a Clark County Grand Jury. Hines, identified as Jeffery Michael Clark in court documents, faces 47 felony charges.
The charges are as follows:
- 22 counts: Sexual assault with a child under the age of 14
- 8 counts: Lewdness with a child under the age of 14
- 15 counts: Child abuse, neglect or endangerment
- 2 counts: Indecent exposure in the presence of a child
- 1 count: Promotion of sexual performance of a child under the age of 14
- 2 counts: Sexual assault with a minor under 16 years of age
- 1 count: Possession of visual presentation depicting sexual conduct of a child
- 3 counts: Attempt lewdness with a child under the age of 14
- 1 count: Attempt sexual assault with a child under the age of 14
Hines’ bail was set at $500,000, no contact with victims, no contact with minors and no access to internet or electronics.
The suspect was taken into custody on April 24.
According to a news release, detectives believe Hines may have used technology to communicate inappropriately with other juveniles.
Anyone with information, or who may have been one of Hines’ victims, is asked to contact Metro’s Sexual Assault Section at 702-828-3421. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at 702-385-5555 or on their website.