LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department is asking the public to avoid waiting in dangerous temperatures by using its online services. The branch spearheading this request is the Record and Fingerprint Bureau.
Residents may schedule an appointment online here to apply for the following:
- Work cards
- Convicted offender registration services
- File or receive a traffic or crime report
Online services can also be used for:
- Records requests
- Telephonic reporting
- Applying for a new online carrying a concealed weapon (CCW) permit application
If you’d still like to file a police report or use these services in person, Metro says you may visit your local area command. If you decide to do this, they suggest you prepare for long waits by wearing hats and sunscreen and bringing water, umbrellas and portable chairs.
Those who go to any Metro facility can expect to:
- Wear a mask. You are asked to bring your own, as they’ll only be provided as long as supplies are available.
- Be asked to return at a later date if you have a fever or are ill
- Refrain from bringing family members or friends
- Bring a cellphone to safely wait outside until you are called
- Practice social distancing, staying at least six feet apart