SANTA CLARA (KRON) – The San Francisco 49ers (8-1-0) experienced their first loss on Monday night falling to the Seattle Sehawks (8-2-0) in overtime, 27-24. The bad news didn’t stop there as 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan announced on Tuesday, the team is facing multiple injuries following Monday’s prime time game.
Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders will be day-to-day after suffering a rib injury. Shanahan explains he will be a game time decision on Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals at home.
Defensive tackle, D.J. Jones is experiencing a groin injury and is expected to miss one week.
Defensive tackle, Ronald Blair tore his ACL and will be placed on IR, making it a season ending injury.
Tackle Joe Staley suffered a finger fracture/dislocation and is getting a second opinion.
Running back Matt Breida aggravated his ankle and will become day-to-day.
Tight end George Kittle (ankle/knee) and kicker Robbie Gould (quad) will also remain day-to-day after suffering injuries prior to Monday night.
With a tougher schedule on the horizon, San Francisco will need to work through their injuries and focus on staying healthy if they want to make the playoffs.
Latest Sports Headlines:
- Fight reporter Helen Yee talks about experiences on Fight Island, UFC 251
- Allegiant Stadium still accepting applications for game day staff
- Beats by Dre announces Bubba Wallace endorsement deal: ‘Hate cannot win the day’
- NHL, NHLPA set dates to resume play, August 1 to begin Stanley Cup Playoffs
- UFC 251: Kamaru Usman, Jorge Masvidal officially set as main event on Fight Island