LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — There may be no Fright Dome but the same team that brought you that is bringing Fright Ride to life for Halloween.
Fright Ride, described as an “immersive and terrifying haunted attraction” will open Thursday, October 1 in a 75,000 square-foot facility.
It features a “research lab” with zombie-like medical staff who give a fear diagnosis. Guests will be transported on electric carts for a nightmarish journey through “Dr. Craven’s” top secret corridors.
“For more than 15 years Fright Dome called Las Vegas home, being recognized annually as one of the best haunted attractions in the world,” said Jason Egan. “We had begun planning its resurgence when we saw what was happening around the world with Halloween attractions shutting down due to the pandemic. We knew it was time to bring the team out of retirement to save Halloween and the rapidly dwindling entertainment industry here in the town we love.”
Egan said Fright Ride will bring fans the same level of horror-filled entertainment that they experienced at Fright Dome but in a socially-distanced environment specifically tailored to COVID-19 protocols.
Fright Ride is located in the heart of Las Vegas on Industrial Road and Wyoming Avenue and is open select nights from 6:30 p.m. to midnight Oct. 1 – Oct. 31. Reservations are required and it is recommended to purchase in advance as availability each night will be limited in order to keep environment in sync with COVID-19 protocols. Tickets are $24.99 with upgrades offered. You can get more information and buy tickets at this link.
The facility will be operating in accordance with Nevada COVID-19 guidelines to create a safe and socially distanced experience.
- Facility will operate at minimal percentage of its operating capacity at all times
- Groups are limited to six guests maximum, with larger groups divided if needed.
- All guests, staff, actors, etc. entering the Fright Ride facility will be required to wear a face covering (mask) and/or face shield at all times.
- Fright Ride personnel, actors and vendors will be screened for COVID-19 utilizing Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) informed screening and temperature checks.
- All guests will receive visit-specific entry times and be required to remain in their personal vehicle until their booked arrival time
- Social distancing will be practiced in all areas of the attraction. Pathways have been widened to ensure that distancing can be maintained.
- Fright Ride will practice enhanced cleaning protocols including transport vehicle cleaning after each group, sanitization stations placed throughout the facility, etc.