LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Las Vegas police have made an arrest in a crash that claimed the lives of a man and woman more than two weeks ago.

Priscila Velasquez, 34, and Jason Quhhaar, 34, were both killed on May 24 when the Corvette they were in lost control on Jones Boulevard and crashed into an Orthodox church parking lot.

Witnesses told Metro police that a second vehicle was racing the Corvette at the time of the crash. Police were able to view surveillance video of the moments leading up to the crash that showed a Dodge Charger racing the Corvette.

According to police, the Corvette was traveling at approximately 106 mph and hit approximately 140 mph seconds before the crash.

Fatal crash on Jones Blvd. on May 24, 2022.

Metro police posted on Facebook Thursday morning that the Charger and driver, Jovani Monarrez, were located by detectives. The Charger was traveling at approximately 88 mph.

The posted speed limit where they were driving was 45 mph.

An arrest report revealed that Velasquez and Quhhaar knew Monarrez and that they all worked together.

The report also revealed Velasquez was the registered owner of the Corvette although Quhhaar was driving at the time of the crash.

Velasquez’s sister-in-law Claire Velasquez tells 8 News Now reckless driving is not something she would ever condone.

“She is the passenger and she has no fault but here we are, we are all paying for it, and she paid for it with her life,” Claire said.

Velasquez leaves behind a 15-year-old son and a 13-year-old daughter.

The Velasquez family’s attorney released the following statement regarding the incident.

Reckless driving has needlessly taken yet another innocent life in the Las Vegas community, Priscila Velasquez. Priscila was just 34-years-old and a loving mother of two children, ages 13 and 15. Priscila was a pillar of her family, and this senseless loss has left an irreparable hole in their foundation.

The Velasquez family appreciates privacy during this time of mourning.

No further statements will be made from the family at this time

Farhan Naqvi, Velasquez family attorney

An arrest report states that Monarrez drove away after witnessing the crash.

He is facing felony charges of reckless driving resulting in substantial bodily harm or death.

According to court records, Monarrez made his initial appearance in court on Tuesday. He has since posted bail and was released from custody. The next court date on the case is in July.