LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The number of new positive tests and COVID-19 deaths has slowed at Nevada-regulated facilities, but residents and staff are still seeing outbreaks.
Information from the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services is reported on a dashboard, and cases are sometimes reported after patients have already recovered. Since our last report on June 5, 72 new positive tests and 13 deaths have been reported by DHHS. Currently, there are 1,361 positive tests at all the facilities the state regulates, which includes correctional facilities — a small percentage of all cases. A total of 129 people have died.
Here are some of the details:
- Arbors Memory Care (Sparks) — Three residents have died, bringing the total number of COVID-19 deaths at Arbors to 14. A total of 39 people have tested positive — 33 residents and 6 staff members.
- Canyon Vista (Las Vegas) — A second resident has died. A total of 23 people have tested positive — 10 residents and 13 staff members.
- College Park Rehabilitation Center (Las Vegas) — Two residents have died, bringing the total number of COVID-19 deaths at College Park to seven. A total of 61 people have tested positive — 35 residents and 26 staff members.
- Del Mar Gardens (Las Vegas) — The first resident death at the facility has been reported. No other residents have been infected. Del Mar Gardens has reported a total of two other positive tests — both staff members.
- Lakeside Health & Wellness (Reno) — Four residents have died, according to new information since June 5. Lakeside now has a total of 25 COVID-19 deaths — 24 residents and one staff member. Also, 93 people have tested positive — 70 residents and 23 staff members.
- Saint Anne Residential Care Corp. (Las Vegas) — A second resident has died. A total of five residents have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Silver Hills (Las Vegas) — DHHS reports one new COVID-19 death at the facility, which now has a total of six resident deaths. There have been 89 positive tests — 57 residents and 32 staff members. A spokesperson contacted 8NewsNow recently to clarify that there are no current active cases.
In addition to deaths, these reports of new positive tests stood out in information released since June 5:
- Life Care Center of Las Vegas — 8 new postive tests among residents. (Totals: Deaths: 1 resident; Positive tests: 46 residents, 8 staff members)
- Transitional Care of Las Vegas — 15 new positive tests among staff members. (Totals: Dealth: 1 staff member; Positive tests: 3 residents, 29 staff members)
- El Jen Healthcare and Rehabilitation (Las Vegas) — 2 new resident cases, 2 new staff cases. (Totals: Deaths: 7 residents; Positive tests: 42 residents, 23 staff members)
- Lake Mead Health and Rehab (Las Vegas) — 3 new positive tests among residents, 3 new positive tests among staff. (Totals: Positive tests: 18 residents, 5 staff members)
- Royal Springs (Las Vegas) — 3 new positive tests among residents, 4 new positive tests among staff members. (Totals: Positive tests: 6 residents, 6 staff members)
- Southern Nevada Veterans Home — (Boulder City) 1 new positive test among residents. (Totals: Deaths: 1 resident; Positive tests: 8 residents, 9 staff members). This is the first new case in nearly two months — see separate report.
In addition, DHHS has added 10 new health care facilities to the list with positive tests — places that had never seen a positive test before June 5. Among those, Well Care Foundation Community Triage Center in Washoe County reported 8 positive tests.
See our last report, from June 5:
COVID-19 death at The Heights of Summerlin adds to total that was already Nevada’s highest
The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services reports COVID-19 cases and deaths on a dashboard. See the full interactive report below, and use the pop-up menu to view individual facilities. The dashboard now notes the number of cases that were “imported” — people who were known COVID-19 positive when they were admitted.