LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Restaurants and bars are ramping up for Cinco de Mayo celebrations Wednesday and many are forecasting a boom in customers for the day that commemorates the victory of an outnumbered Mexican army against the French forces on May 5, 1862 at the Battle of Puebla and no, this is not Mexico’s Independence Day, which is celebrated on September 16.
Cinco de Mayo, has become an unofficial holiday that is popularly celebrated in the U.S., even more so, than in Mexico. 8 News Now has gathered some of the events, celebrations and deals being offered around the Las Vegas valley, you can scroll down the list these here and check back for updates.
SPECIAL COMMUNITY EVENTS AROUND THE VALLEY
- East Las Vegas Community Center, 5:30 p.m.- 8 p.m., Cinco de Mayo Fiesta & Resource Fair; A celebration of Hispanic culture, free food, music, traditional folklórico dancing, games, face paintings, piñatas and more. Free COVID-19 vaccines available. Attending will be:
- City of Las Vegas Councilwoman Olivia Diaz
- Clark County Commissioner William McCurdy II
- City of North Las Vegas Mayor Pro Tempore Isaac Barron
- The Salvation Army Community Meal, 1-2:30 p.m., Cinco de Mayo Fiesta; Viva Zapata’s Mexican Restaurant & Cantina are bringing Mariachis and to-go meals for guests to the Salvation Army location at 35 W. Owens.
CINCO DE MAYO DEALS AROUND THE LAS VEGAS VALLEY AND OFF THE STRIP
- Area 15, 5p.m., Cinco de Mayo Crawl; Modelo beer and Casamigos margaritas will be served in all Area 15 bars. For details click here.
- Bajamar Seafood & Tacos: All day, Cinco SZN, Baja Tour Tostadas, Michelada Tent with $6 Michis until sold out, Cinco de Mayo raffle that includes Pacifico bikes, gift cards and Michelada kits. For more go here.
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse: Introducing new Margarita Flight, which features four of BJ’s signature margaritas, several locations in the valley.
- Blaze Pizza, Will give away more than 50,000 mini bottles of Tajín at restaurants nationwide with pizza orders Wednesday, while supplies last. Several locations around town. See here for more.
- Borracha Mexican Cantina, 4 p.m.- 12 a.m., Cinco de Mayo celebration is on at Borracha!; $25 AYCD Casamigos Blanco, live mariachi from 6 p.m.- 8 p.m., and a live DJ from 8 p.m. to close. Located inside Green Valley Ranch, for more details see here.
- Casa Calavera, All Day, Cinco de ¡Mayooo!; Taco & drink specials all day including $3 tacos and $5 Fish/Shrimp tacos. For more click here.
- Chavelo’s, 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., Micheladas for Cinco de Mayo, full bar available indoor and outdoor patio. For more see here.
- Chipotle, through May 7th, ChipotleIQ.com trivia game where 250,000 people will be able to win free coupon codes for a BOGO menu item. This includes burritos, tacos and quesadillas. To enter, visit ChipotleIQ.com through May 7. Chipotle will also be giving out five $500 gift cards through their Instagram page on May 5. Click here for more.
- Doña Maria Tamales, 5:30 p.m.- 8:30 p.m., Cinco de Mayo Celebration; Live mariachi band at the Summerlin location. Two locations. Tables will be served on first come first serve basis. For more see here.
- El Dorado Cantina, All Day, Cinco de Mayo!; $5 Cazadores Margaritas, $20 pitchers of Modelo Especial. Two locations, for more details see here.
- El Luchador, Starts at 12 p.m., live musicat 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Cinco de Mayo at El Luchador Mexican Kitchen & Cantina; Live mariachi and more. Click here for details.
- El Pollo Loco, May 5th only, Free Bottle of Tapatío; Must buy 2 Tacos al Carbon, they’ll throw in 3 more free and must order them online to get the 5oz bottle of Tapatío. Several locations in the Las Vegas valley. See here for more details.
- Hola Mexican Cocina + Cantina, 12noon- 12 a.m., Cinco de Mayo; Half-priced flights all day, 2 for 1 Margaritas’s and Mezcal’ritas (from 12-3p.m. & 10 p.m. to Midnight), Clase Azul’s new limited edition “Mezcal Guerrero” special pour for $21. Located in Southern Highlands, for more click here.
- Hussong’s Boca Park, All day. Cinco De Mayo at The Cantina; Mariachis from 5:00pm – 7:00pm and they will highlight their new “Skinny Dippin’ Margarita” for $12.95! For more click here.
- Juan’s Flaming Fajitas & Cantina, All day, 5 Days of Cinco Spice up your Cinco with Estrella Jalisco, A pint of Estrella Jalisco and Shot of House Tequila $5, Cinco de Mayo Special House Margarita $4, at both locations in the Southwest and Henderson, for more click here.
- Los Cucos Mexican Cafe, All Day, Happy Cinco de Mayo; $5House Ritas, $5 Los Cucos 100% agave and 110% proof tequila shots and live music. For more see here.
- Mariposa, 3 – 5 p.m. and 7 – 10 p.m. on May 6; Live DJ, all-day drink specials including $4 house margaritas, BOGO on carafes of coconut or lime margaritas, $5 shots of Revel Tequila, $4 Mamitas Tequila & Sodas, Takeout Taco kits for $25, for details click here.
- Más Por Favor Taquería and Tequila, 12 p.m. to late, Cinco de Mayo All Day Happy Hour, drinks and taco specials. For more click here.
- Milpa, through 7 p.m., Tacos, Ceviches, Mexican Corn and CaliFino Tequila margaritas. For more click here.
- Pancho’s, 2-5 p.m., Sizzling Cinco de Mayo Fiesta; In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, Pancho’s Mexican Restaurant, will offer happy hour specials on Wednesday, May 5. During the fiesta, house, and flavored margaritas. Located in Downtown Summerlin.
- Pinches Tacos, 6 p.m., Cinco de Mayo; $5 Draft beers, $6 Margaritas, Mechanical Bull and a DJ from 6 p.m. to ??? at their Gramercy Location, for more details click here.
- Salud Mexican Bistro & Tequilería, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., Cinco de Mayo- Ladies night; Live music, bartenders choice Tequila Flights and Tacos, located on W. Sahara, for more click here.
- Taco Man Grill, 8 a.m.- 10 p.m., Burritos, Tacos, Quesadillas, Bowls, Platters & more, go here for more.
- Tacos & Beer, 5 p.m., Cinco de Mayo Party; Drink specials, live entertainment and tequila bottle raffle, for more click here.
- Tacotarian, All Day, Happy Cinco De Mayo!, Drink specials on 32 oz. and 64 oz. Margarita jugs, Taco Boxes that include 10 tacos and sides, plus guac and salsa to go. Also, $.99 cent “Dorados” all day long (dine in only), the specials are for both of their locations in the Southwest and Downtown locations. For more click here.
- Taco y Taco, All Day, Cinco de Mayo at Taco y Taco; Specials include, $2 Carnitas Street Tacos, $5 Micheladas, $5 Margaritas, $5 Cocktails, $3 Draft Beer. Several locations around the valley, for more details, click here.
- Trece, All Day, Cinco de Mayo Specials; Food and drink specials including $5 beer and $5 tequila shots, for more click here.
DOWNTOWN LAS VEGAS
- The Garden, 5 p.m., Opening doors for a special Cinco de Mayo celebration on Wednesday, May 5th. Located at the Las Vegas Arts District in Downtown Las Vegas.
- Letty’s on Main: Cinco de Mayo; The eatery will offer Agave Fields, Maestro Dobel Silver tequila, fresh lime juice and a strawberry + mint cordial for $10 and Maestro Dobel Silver shots for $5 and will also be having a raffle to win a swag bag. For details on this click here.
- MASAAZUL, 4 -10 p.m., Celebration of food, tequila, and live music; The live entertainment begins at 6pm with a Mariachi Band & Latin Rock Band “Gravedad” . MASAZUL normally pops up at Vegas Test Kitchen every Tuesday but this week they’re moving it to Wednesday to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. A la carte menu that will include Heirloom Corn Tortilla station, Al Pastor Pizza, Wood-Fired Nachos, Veggie & Pollo Enchiladas, Mango-Chamoy Popsicles, $5 shots and more. Click here for more details and ticket prices.
ON THE STRIP
- Cañonita, 2 p.m. – 10 p.m., Cinco de Mayo Party; Unlimited food, and drink specials (includes 2 shots of Patron Silver per person).
- Seating times begin at 2pm and are limited to two hours. After ticket purchase, please call the restaurant directly to secure your preferred seating time (702) 420-2561. Located at the Venetian, reservations strongly encouraged
- Chayo Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar, All Day, Cinco de Chayo; Food and drink specials available including Mango Shrimp Ceviche and Zapata’s Paloma, for more go here.
- Drai’s Beach club & Nightclub, 10 p.m., Cinco De Mayo at Drai’s After Hours; Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 3595 S Las Vegas Blvd., top of the Cromwell.
- El Segundo Sol, Fiesta through May 9th, Cinco de Mayo; Swag bags from Nosotros Tequila, shots live music and more. Click here for details.
- Hussong’s Las Vegas, All day. Cinco De Mayo at The Cantina; Live Rock & Roll Mariachis and specials on the “Skinny Dippin’ Margarita” for $12.95! Located inside the Shoppes at Mandalay Place. Fore more click here.
- The LINQ, starting at 4 a.m., Traditional food, margaritas, and Mexican-themed décor. Specials at various restaurants and beverage carts located throughout the promenade.
- Favorite Bistro – Introducing French cuisine with American flair, to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, they will be offering exclusive “Tacos a la French,” paired with the featured cocktail, “Oui Oui Margarita.”
- ICEBAR –Immersive bar that is maintained at a cool 23 degrees Fahrenheit, serves cocktails in glasses made entirely of ice. Guests can enjoy Cinco de Mayo drink specials, including $8 shots of Cazadero Silver Tequila, $8 Modelo craft micheladas, $30 buckets of Corona beer, and ICEBAR’s signature Frozen Spicy Mango Margarita, priced at $20.
- Off the Strip Bistro + Bar – Open 24 hours, Off The Strip Bistro + Bar will offer a one-day-only festive menu
- Tilted Kilt – More than a pub and sports bar, visitors can celebrate Cinco de Mayo with drink specials, including $7 shots of Patron and 1800 Tequila, $7 pints of Modelo and Dos Equis Lager, and $8 margaritas.
- The High Roller Observation Wheel will be lit green, white, and red in honor of the holiday.
- Margaritaville, 5am- 8p.m., Cinco de Mayo at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville!; $5 traditional margaritas, $5 chips and salsa, and all-day happy hour specials, located on the Strip.
- UNO MÁS Street Tacos & Spirits, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. Cinco de Mayo; Guests can enjoy their choice of any DOS tacos and a Dole Whip Margarita for $15. For more click here.