I-Team: Metro Police mistakenly release fugitive


The Metro Police Department admits it accidentally let a fugitive walk free and the woman at the center of a case against him is in fear for her life.

Anthony Galasi is a convicted pimp who served his time in Clark County and was released on Feb. 8, but he has an active warrant out of California.

He is considered a fugitive. Police are trying to find him and the department is reviewing the chain of events that led to the mistake.

The key witness who says he brutalized her is now in hiding. 

Prosecutors don’t always get a woman who admits she worked as a prostitute to testify against her pimp because the woman usually fears for her life.

The woman who’s the key witness in the case said she was willing to take the risk but now she says the system failed her.

Anthony Galasi could have spent the rest of his life in prison, if he had been convicted on the original charges he faced which were sex trafficking and first-degree kidnapping.

But Galasi was offered a plea deal. He agreed to plead guilty to a charge of pandering which means pimping with a much lesser penalty.

He was sentenced to 120 days in jail, received credit for time served and was set free last week.

Now, the woman who says she’s the one he brutalized tells the I-Team, she is scared for her life and she’s in hiding now.

Galasi is working on being a rapper. He goes by the nickname Frost.

The I-Team is not naming the woman because she is a victim and her safety could be at risk. She testified in court Galasi forced her to sell sex and physically abused her.

She tells the I-Team she wanted the case to go to trial, was willing to testify, and was surprised to find out Galasi struck a plea deal and was a free man.

The woman is hiding, but her friend talked about how she fears for her life and what she hoped to accomplish by cooperating for a trial.

“That she could look at him and know that she won and to give hope to other people, other girls that there is an opportunity that there is justice and we just saw this past weekend there is no justice,” said Connie Land.

Land’s daughter, Sydney was killed in a double homicide in late 2016. That murder is unsolved, and Connie and the woman involved in Anthony Galasi’s case connected because the woman knew Connie’s daughter. Both also believe police corruption is at the root of both of their cases — the unsolved murder and Galasi’s case.

A Metro lieutenant told the I-Team that homicide detectives are actively working on the murder case and they don’t have enough evidence to arrest anyone.

The defense attorney for Galasi says, the woman changed her story several times.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

8 news now breaking and daily news sign up


Pro Football Challenge

Don't Miss

Trending Stories