LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The Southern Nevada Health District will help residents prepare for the 2019-20 flu season by offering the flu vaccine at its immunization clinics and community clinics and pharmacies across the Valley.
Several vaccines have been approved for the season, including vaccines specifically created for people age 65 and older and with egg allergies. If you have a question regarding which vaccine works best for you, contact your health provider.
Vaccines are recommended for people age 6 months and older but are especially important for:
- Pregnant women
- People over the age of 65
- Anyone with a chronic medical condition like heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease or respiratory problems
- People caring for babies under 6 months of age
The cost for a vaccine is covered by most insurance providers with no copay. You can receive them at one of the district’s following clinics:
- Main Public Health Center: 280 S. Decatur Blvd., Las Vegas
- East Las Vegas Public Health Center: 560 N. Nellis Blvd., Las Vegas
- Southern Nevada Health District Henderson Clinic: 874 American Pacific Dr., Henderson (by appointment only)
- Mesquite Public Health Center: 830 Hafen Lane, Mesquite (by appointment only)
Patients are asked to arrive by 4 p.m. to allow for processing.