After a days-long manhunt, an escaped murder suspect is back in police custody.
Alonso Perez, 25, was taken into custody by Las Vegas Metropolitan Police after a standoff at a house Tuesday night.
Neighbors told 8 News NOW that police and the FBI surrounded the home for about three hours before taking the suspect into custody.
Perez had been at large since September 2 when he escaped from an interrogation room at the North Las Vegas Police Department.
North Las Vegas Police say Perez stole a work truck that was later recovered east of downtown Las Vegas.
He is suspected in the deadly shooting of 31-year-old Mohammad Robinson outside a McDonald’s restaurant on Pecos Road and Las Vegas Boulevard on August 27.
Witnesses told police Perez and Robinson got into an argument after Robinson didn’t hold the door open for a woman.
According to the Clark County Detention Center’s booking files, Perez faces several charges, including: domestic battery, discharging a gun at or into an occupied structure, vehicle, or craft and assault with a deadly weapon. Additional charges are possible.
He is being held without bail.