Chef Mario Batali closing Las Vegas restaurants

News
Mario_Batali-Sexual_Misconduct_02412-159532.jpg61115337

FILE – In this Wednesday, April 19, 2017, file photo, chef Mario Batali attends an awards event in New York. The New York Police Department is investigating allegations of sexual misconduct leveled celebrity chef Mario Batali. The NYPD confirmed the probe following a “60 Minutes” broadcast Sunday, May 20, 2018, in which an unnamed woman […]

NEW YORK (AP) – Chef Mario Batali is closing his three restaurants in Las Vegas.

The restaurant group co-owned by Batali says it has been “actively negotiating” to buy out the celebrity chef facing sexual misconduct allegations.

The B&B Hospitality Group says Batali and partner Joe Bastianich have signed a letter of intent and final terms could be set by July 1.

His Las Vegas restaurants are located in The Venetian and The Palazzo. They are set to close July 27.

The New York Police Department confirmed it’s investigating Batali after a woman told “60 Minutes” that Batali drugged and sexually assaulted her in 2005.

Batali denies assaulting the woman.

B&B says it had been unaware of what it calls the “chilling” and “deeply disturbing” allegations.

Batali stepped down from daily operations at his restaurant empire and cooking show in December after four women accused him of inappropriate touching.

He’s apologized for those encounters.

Batali’s representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories