Attorneys for embattled casino mogul Steve Wynn say in court documents that he brokered a settlement with a second woman who accused him of sexual misconduct more than a decade ago.
The documents received earlier this month in state court in Las Vegas say Wynn recently went to the FBI to accuse the woman of trying to extort him by threatening to go public with details from the 2006 settlement.
Lawyer Lisa Bloom, who represents the woman, says her client denies the extortion allegations.
My client, who wishes to remain anonymous at this time, has never committed any act of extortion,” Bloom said. “To the contrary, she simply stated that she wanted to speak. Her emails did not seek any money. And that is surely why the FBI has not even questioned her about this, nor she has not been charged with any crime.
This has been a very painful experience for her. It is time to end the era of silencing women and the bullying tactics of going after them when they want to tell their stories. We thank law enforcement for seeing through this.”
The Associated Press generally doesn’t name people who say they are victims of sexual misconduct.
Wynn resigned as chairman and CEO of Wynn Resorts last month amid allegations from several women that he denied.
The FBI declined to confirm Monday whether it has investigated.