1 person dies following Thursday night house fire

News
House_fire_George_street_fatal_700_1480721726979.jpg

One person has died following a house fire Thursday night in North Las Vegas, according to the Clark County Coroner’s Office.

The fire started around 7 p.m. at a home in the 2700 block of St. George Street, near Civic Center Drive and Carey Avenue.

The fire was discovered by a woman who was returning to her parents’ home where her 6-year-old daughter was staying.

Fire crews rescued the woman’s parents and child who were were trapped in the home. The rescued woman, who remains in critical condition, was transported to North Vista Hospital. The man, who has since died, was transported to University Medical Center. The 6-year-old girl was also transported to UMC where she remains in critical condition.

City of Las Vegas fire crews assisted North Las Vegas Fire Department crews.

The fire is believed to be accidental, possibly caused by the failure of electrical components. Damage to the home is estimated at $250,000.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories