Acts of Kindness: David Browne

Acts of Kindness

A volunteer with Nevada Donor Network has dedicated years of his life to spread the important message of becoming an organ donor, and a message of hope to those still waiting for their gift.

In the 45 years David Browne perfected the art of floral design, he touched people’s hearts either in joy or sadness.

In 1999, he found out he would need a life saving kidney transplant. ” I wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for that transplant.” 

When he moved to Las Vegas and retired from the floral business, he wanted to give back to the organization that gave him another shot at life.

“I went to UMC Transplant, and they connected me with Nevada Donor Network. I’ve watched the organization grow with such compassion, and sincerity with what they do.” 

David joined the network’s “Advocate for Life Program, advocating for organ, eye and tissue donation.

After thousands of volunteer hours,  he was awarded their Volunteer of the Year, he has also created hundreds of floral arrangements for the many events at Nevada Donor Network, including most recently the Donor Remembrance Ceremony.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Trending Stories