Weekend Shootings Take Place on Las Vegas Strip - 8 News NOW

Weekend Shootings Take Place on Las Vegas Strip

Posted: Updated:
The Las Vegas Strip in front of the Monte Carlo's Diablo's Cantina. The Las Vegas Strip in front of the Monte Carlo's Diablo's Cantina.

Eyewitness News now knows the name of the man involved in an officer involved shooting this weekend on the Las Vegas Strip. Police arrested 23-year-old Victor Ramos.

They say he had been fighting and shooting at someone in another car and was chasing him down the Strip.

Once police stopped him, one officer fired at the car, thinking Ramos was pulling the gun on him. They also found a shotgun inside the car.

The officer who fired the shot is on routine paid administrative leave.

Meanwhile, on Saturday, there was another shooting from a car, but this time it was a pellet gun.

Someone inside a car driving along the Strip opened fire on Diablo's restaurant at the Monte Carlo. No one was hurt and the gunman drove off.

Metro has few leads on the case and has not released more details.

  • Las Vegas NewsLas Vegas NewsMore>>

  • Police investigate double stabbing

    Police investigate double stabbing

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:17 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:17:18 GMT
    Two people suffering stab wounds were rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon, Metro Police said.More>>
    Two people suffering stab wounds were rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon, Metro Police said.More>>
  • Street performers peeved over downtown bathroom ban

    Street performers peeved over downtown bathroom ban

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:48 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:48:54 GMT
    Street performers bring a lot of entertainment to the Fremont Street Experience, but some of their say they are being forced out of the area when it comes to taking a bathroom break.More>>
    Street performers bring a lot of entertainment to the Fremont Street Experience, but some of their say they are being forced out of the area when it comes to taking a bathroom break.More>>
  • Coroner's office identifies 2-year-old hit by car

    Coroner's office identifies 2-year-old hit by car

    Saturday, April 19 2014 5:44 PM EDT2014-04-19 21:44:02 GMT
    The coroner's office has released the name of the little girl struck and killed by a car this week.More>>
    The coroner's office has released the name of the little girl struck and killed by a car this week.More>>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLAS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.