1 hurt in blaze at Las Vegas home - 8 News NOW

1 hurt in blaze at Las Vegas home

Posted: Updated:
LAS VEGAS -- Crews battled a two-story home on fire near Buffalo and Westcliff drives Thursday evening that sent one person to the hospital.

The blaze sparked in the 100 block of Huntly Rd. around 9:30 p.m.

According to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue, at least one person was trapped inside by flames for a short time. The fire was so intense, crews were told to back out and had to tackle with a water cannon from the outside. There was also fears the second floor could collapse.

It's unclear what sparked the blaze or how many people were home at the time. 

The fire is now under investigation, officials say.

No other information was immediately available.
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLAS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.