Six hospitalized after Las Vegas house fire - 8 News NOW

Six hospitalized after Las Vegas house fire

Posted: Updated:

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Six people have been hospitalized for smoke inhalation after an early Friday morning house fire in east Las Vegas near East Charleston Boulevard and Eastern Avenue.

Las Vegas Fire Department spokesman Tim Szymanski says the electrical fire appears to have started with an air conditioning unit on the roof of the one-story home.

Szymanski says a neighbor alerted the home's five occupants to the fire around 5 a.m. Friday.

The neighbor and the family of five were all being treated for smoke inhalation. One family member also had cuts from broken glass.

Szymanski says there were not smoke alarms in the home and the family had reported electrical problems in the house for months.

The blaze caused heavy damage to the attic and did about $125,000 in damage.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLAS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.