Henderson home damaged by fire - 8 News NOW

Henderson home damaged by fire

Posted: Updated:
Henderson-- The careless discarding of a smoking material causes a fire at a Henderson home.

The Fire Department responded to a fire near Stephanie Street and Patrick Lane just before 11:30 a.m. Sunday. Crews arrived to heavy fire that started on the outside of the home and extended into the attic. The owner was at home when the fire started and accessed the 911 system and tried to put out the flames before firefighters arrived.

Crews were able to put it out quickly. The home owner was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. The Red Cross assisted in taking care of the three adults and a family pet that were all displaced.

The loss is estimated at $65,000.
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLAS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.