Fire at Veterans Housing Complex Injures 1 - 8 News NOW

Fire at Veterans Housing Complex Injures 1

Posted: Updated:

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Las Vegas fire officials say a man in a veterans housing complex has serious burns after a fire in one of the apartments.

Authorities say they responded to the Veteran's Village apartments on South Las Vegas Boulevard a little before 9 a.m. Wednesday.

They found a heavy fire in one of the second-story studio apartments, and put it out in about five minutes.

Officials say a middle-aged man was taken to University Medical Center with serious burns on his legs and smoke inhalation.

Investigators say the fire appears to be accidental and sparked by careless smoking. Damage is estimated at $25,000.

Veteran's Village provides transitional housing to needy veterans, as well as job placement, counseling and other services.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLAS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.