Fire at Las Vegas Strip Restaurant Ruled Accidental - 8 News NOW

Fire at Las Vegas Strip Restaurant Ruled Accidental

Posted: Updated:
Photo courtesy: Clark County Fire Department Photo courtesy: Clark County Fire Department

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Fire officials have ruled a New Year's morning fire accidental after it caused minimal damage to the kitchen of a Las Vegas Strip resort restaurant.

Deputy Clark County Fire Chief Erik Newman says a fire sprinkler activated and doused flames a little before 8 a.m. Wednesday after a bag of mesquite wood caught fire at Trattoria del Lupo at the Mandalay Bay resort.

Damage was estimated at about $2,000, and Clark County health officials inspected the restaurant after the fire.

Las Vegas-area hotels have sprinklers and adhere to strict fire codes enacted after a November 1980 blaze at the MGM Grand hotel killed 87 people, and an arson fire nearly three months later at the Las Vegas Hilton killed eight people.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLAS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.