Court Date Reset in Fatal Las Vegas Nightclub Shooting - 8 News NOW

Court Date Reset in Fatal Las Vegas Nightclub Shooting

Posted: Updated:
Benjamin Frazier Benjamin Frazier

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- A court date has been pushed back to Jan. 8 for a 42-year-old ex-convict accused of shooting and killing a nightclub patron and wounding two employees at an after-hours Las Vegas Strip nightclub.

Benjamin Paul Frazier had been scheduled in court Wednesday. But a judge on Friday approved allowing a doctor to conduct a psychological evaluation.

Frazier faces murder, battery and weapon charges in the pre-dawn Oct. 21 shooting at Drai's After Hours at Bally's hotel-casino.

A trial date hasn't been set. Prosecutors could say Wednesday whether they'll seek the death penalty.

Frazier's lawyer, Bob Beckett, says Frazier doesn't remember the shooting.

Police say Frazier disputed a $30 cover charge before wounding club doorman Robert Farias and security guard Anthony Guerrero, and killing 40-year-old Kenneth Brown when he tackled Frazier.

 

  • Las Vegas NewsLas Vegas NewsMore>>

  • Police investigate double stabbing

    Police investigate double stabbing

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:17 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:17:18 GMT
    Two people suffering stab wounds were rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon, Metro Police said.More>>
    Two people suffering stab wounds were rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon, Metro Police said.More>>
  • Street performers peeved over downtown bathroom ban

    Street performers peeved over downtown bathroom ban

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:48 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:48:54 GMT
    Street performers bring a lot of entertainment to the Fremont Street Experience, but some of their say they are being forced out of the area when it comes to taking a bathroom break.More>>
    Street performers bring a lot of entertainment to the Fremont Street Experience, but some of their say they are being forced out of the area when it comes to taking a bathroom break.More>>
  • Coroner's office identifies 2-year-old hit by car

    Coroner's office identifies 2-year-old hit by car

    Saturday, April 19 2014 5:44 PM EDT2014-04-19 21:44:02 GMT
    The coroner's office has released the name of the little girl struck and killed by a car this week.More>>
    The coroner's office has released the name of the little girl struck and killed by a car this week.More>>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLAS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.