LAS VEGAS -- A group of 21 children and parents are being treated for food poisoning after an outbreak that was reported at around 10 a.m. Friday, according to the Clark County Fire Department.
The victims were staying at the Rio Hotel and Casino.
The fire department says 18 people were taken to the hospital, including 13 children between the ages of 7 and 9. The others were treated at the scene.
The battalion chief on scene is not sure if the illness was triggered by something they ate or a virus, but they are being treated for food poisoning.
The children were part of a football team from Santa Monica, Calif. in Las Vegas for a tournament.