Caesars Entertainment Selling Macau Property - 8 News NOW

Caesars Entertainment Selling Macau Property

Posted: Updated:

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Casino giant Caesars Entertainment Corp. says it is selling its property in Macau to an Asian developer.

The Las Vegas-based company reported Friday to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that it agreed Tuesday to sell the golf course property for $438 million to Pearl Dynasty Investments Ltd.

Caesars says the sale is expected to close by the end of the year, and it intends to use the proceeds to pay down debt.

Caesars is the only major U.S. casino company without a casino in the Chinese gambling enclave near Hong Kong.

Corporate predecessor Harrah's Entertainment bought the 175-acre site in 2007 for $578 million, with plans to develop a hotel and casino. It never won a gambling concession from the Macau government.

  • Las Vegas NewsLas Vegas NewsMore>>

  • State finds adults changed student answers on tests at Kelly Elementary

    State finds adults changed student answers on tests at Kelly Elementary

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 4:32 PM EDT2014-04-16 20:32:56 GMT
    LAS VEGAS -- The state says that one or more adults at Kelly Elementary School changed answer sheets on standardized test given in spring 2012. More>>
    The state says that one or more adults at Kelly Elementary School changed answer sheets on standardized test given in spring 2012. However, they have not been able to determine which individual or individuals did it.More>>
  • Gloria Lee Pleads 'Not Guilty' in most recent charges

    Gloria Lee Pleads 'Not Guilty' in most recent charges

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 2:22 PM EDT2014-04-16 18:22:26 GMT
    LAS VEGAS -- The woman accused of setting fire to her pet store pleaded not guilty to charges of insurance fraud. Gloria Lee appeared in Clark County District Court Wednesday morning. She was indictedMore>>
    The woman accused of setting fire to her pet store pleaded not guilty to charges of insurance fraud.More>>
  • Nevada Supreme Court removes Schaefer from ballot

    Nevada Supreme Court removes Schaefer from ballot

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 6:07 PM EDT2014-04-16 22:07:34 GMT
    CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) -- The Nevada Supreme Court has upheld the removal of a state controller candidate from the June primary ballot because of his residency status.Justices unanimously agreed with a lower court ruling that Democratic candidate John Michael Schaefer is not qualified to run for the constitutional office.The secretary of state's office challenged Schaefer's eligibility after obtaining information that he was registered to vote in California and last year ran for the Los Angel...More>>
    CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) -- The Nevada Supreme Court has upheld the removal of a state controller candidate from the June primary ballot because of his residency status.Justices unanimously agreed with a lower court ruling that Democratic candidate John Michael Schaefer is not qualified to run for the constitutional office.The secretary of state's office challenged Schaefer's eligibility after obtaining information that he was registered to vote in California and last year ran for the Los Angel...More>>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLAS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.