Coroner IDs Security Guard Dead After Fight - 8 News NOW

Coroner IDs Security Guard Dead After Fight

Posted: Updated:

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Authorities have identified a Las Vegas security guard who went unconscious and died last week following a fight with another man.

Clark County coroner's officials say 59-year-old Las Vegas resident Donald Harris died after the altercation about 2 a.m. Friday morning. Authorities haven't determined an official cause.

Police say they responded to reports of a fight on Bridger Avenue in downtown Las Vegas. They say emergency workers were trying to revive the guard when officers arrived.

Harris was later pronounced dead at Valley Hospital.

Police say Harris had been fighting with 29-year-old Blake Valbracht when he fell to the ground and became unresponsive.

Valbracht surrendered to officers and has been booked in the Clark County jail on suspicion of second-degree murder.

  • Las Vegas NewsLas Vegas NewsMore>>

  • State finds adults changed student answers on tests at Kelly Elementary

    State finds adults changed student answers on tests at Kelly Elementary

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 4:32 PM EDT2014-04-16 20:32:56 GMT
    LAS VEGAS -- The state says that one or more adults at Kelly Elementary School changed answer sheets on standardized test given in spring 2012. More>>
    The state says that one or more adults at Kelly Elementary School changed answer sheets on standardized test given in spring 2012. However, they have not been able to determine which individual or individuals did it.More>>
  • Gloria Lee Pleads 'Not Guilty' in most recent charges

    Gloria Lee Pleads 'Not Guilty' in most recent charges

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 2:22 PM EDT2014-04-16 18:22:26 GMT
    LAS VEGAS -- The woman accused of setting fire to her pet store pleaded not guilty to charges of insurance fraud. Gloria Lee appeared in Clark County District Court Wednesday morning. She was indictedMore>>
    The woman accused of setting fire to her pet store pleaded not guilty to charges of insurance fraud.More>>
  • Nevada Supreme Court removes Schaefer from ballot

    Nevada Supreme Court removes Schaefer from ballot

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 6:07 PM EDT2014-04-16 22:07:34 GMT
    CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) -- The Nevada Supreme Court has upheld the removal of a state controller candidate from the June primary ballot because of his residency status.Justices unanimously agreed with a lower court ruling that Democratic candidate John Michael Schaefer is not qualified to run for the constitutional office.The secretary of state's office challenged Schaefer's eligibility after obtaining information that he was registered to vote in California and last year ran for the Los Angel...More>>
    CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) -- The Nevada Supreme Court has upheld the removal of a state controller candidate from the June primary ballot because of his residency status.Justices unanimously agreed with a lower court ruling that Democratic candidate John Michael Schaefer is not qualified to run for the constitutional office.The secretary of state's office challenged Schaefer's eligibility after obtaining information that he was registered to vote in California and last year ran for the Los Angel...More>>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLAS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.