LAS VEGAS -- The record-setting heat in the valley isn't just dangerous for people. It can also be dangerous for your home.
Fire crews are urging people that items in the home can overheat. They recommend checking on your refrigerator. If you have items like newspapers or something else that could spark easily, move them to a different area.
Fire crews also recommend checking items in your garage. The temperature in there will likely be 100 degrees or more constantly, which can melt electronics. The heat can also explode things that can't be stored above a certain temperature.
Tim Szymanski with Las Vegas Fire and Rescue said three to four days of heat in a row, like we've been seeing, can spell disaster, "Since it's been constant and the temperature has not been going down in the evening, this equipment is getting extremely hot."
Szymanski also recommends bringing other items inside so they are out of the heat. That includes things like aerosol cans, paint cans and propane tanks. If they are subjected to heat above 130 degrees, they can explode as well.