Flavor Flav Assault Trial Set for Sept. in Vegas - 8 News NOW

Flavor Flav Assault Trial Set for Sept. in Vegas

Posted: Updated:
William Jonathan Drayton Jr. William Jonathan Drayton Jr.

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- A Las Vegas judge has scheduled a September trial for entertainer Flavor Flav on felony charges he chased and threatened his longtime girlfriend's 17-year-old son with a butcher knife.

A court spokeswoman says the case is set for Sept. 30 in Clark County District Court for the 54-year-old former rap and reality TV star. His legal name is William Jonathan Drayton Jr.

He could get up to 12 years in prison if he's convicted.

Drayton pleaded not guilty Tuesday in Nevada state court to felony assault with a weapon and child endangerment charges stemming from a family argument last October.

His attorney didn't immediately respond to messages.

A local judge who heard the teen testify last month decided there was enough evidence for Drayton to stand trial in state court.

  • Las Vegas NewsLas Vegas NewsMore>>

  • Police investigate double stabbing

    Police investigate double stabbing

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:17 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:17:18 GMT
    Two people suffering stab wounds were rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon, Metro Police said.More>>
    Two people suffering stab wounds were rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon, Metro Police said.More>>
  • Street performers peeved over downtown bathroom ban

    Street performers peeved over downtown bathroom ban

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:48 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:48:54 GMT
    Street performers bring a lot of entertainment to the Fremont Street Experience, but some of their say they are being forced out of the area when it comes to taking a bathroom break.More>>
    Street performers bring a lot of entertainment to the Fremont Street Experience, but some of their say they are being forced out of the area when it comes to taking a bathroom break.More>>
  • Fire damages apartments near Maryland & Hacienda

    Fire damages apartments near Maryland & Hacienda

    Sunday, April 20 2014 9:52 PM EDT2014-04-21 01:52:26 GMT
    Las Vegas-- Investigators are looking into what sparked a fire at an apartment complex near Maryland Parkway and Hacienda.The Clark County Fire Department says the blaze started in a garbage can on the east side of the building. A total of five units were affected by smoke and water damage.The Red Cross is assisting one person from one of the units.Arson investigators are looking into the cause, but say there's nothing suspicious about the fire at this time.More>>
    Las Vegas-- Investigators are looking into what sparked a fire at an apartment complex near Maryland Parkway and Hacienda.The Clark County Fire Department says the blaze started in a garbage can on the east side of the building. A total of five units were affected by smoke and water damage.The Red Cross is assisting one person from one of the units.Arson investigators are looking into the cause, but say there's nothing suspicious about the fire at this time.More>>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLAS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.