Register Your Community Service Hours by April 1, 2013
8 News NOW and our Community Pride Partners, NV Energy, Findlay Automotive Group and Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez, joined forces with United Way of Southern Nevada's Volunteer Center for NGAGE (Next Generation Actively Gaining Experience) program.
- Students who volunteer gain skills, enhance resumes and college applications, and are more likely to graduate!
- Students can volunteer at any local non-profit, house of worship or school. They can also use hours completed for volunteer classes, school clubs, and other volunteer programs!
- Students must have a volunteer supervisor (that is not a relative) verify their service.
- Students register and track volunteer hours with United Way of Southern Nevada. Students with 100 or more volunteer hours by April 1st will be honored at the Fashion Show Mall!
- Graduating seniors will be recognized with a special graduation cord.
How to Get Started:
- Sign up and create a volunteer account through United Way of Southern Nevada at http://volunteer.uwsn.org
- Sign up for the NGAGE program at: http://bit.ly/NGAGE2012
- Students can track volunteer hours on their United Way of Southern Nevada profile and have their volunteer sites verify them through email. When they log hours, an email will be sent to the supervisor, who can then verify the hours completed.
- If students complete hours for a class or other program that uses a paper timesheet or log, that record can be submitted by emailing it to email@example.com, faxing it to 702-734-8504, ATTN: Blythe Cherney, or mailing it to United Way of Southern Nevada ATTN: Blythe Cherney, PO Box 30910, Las Vegas, NV 89173.