Second Outdoor Marijuana Grow Removed from Mt. Charleston - 8 News NOW

Second Outdoor Marijuana Grow Removed from Mt. Charleston

Posted: Updated:

LAS VEGAS -- Members of the Southern Nevada HITDA Task Force's "Eradication Team" removed approximately 3,936 mature marijuana plants with an estimated street value in excess of $7.4 million dollars.

The raid took place early Tuesday morning from a remote area of the Mac's Canyon region of the Mount Charleston National Recreation Area.

The outdoor marijuana grow was located in rugged terrain approximately three miles Northwest of the intersection of State Routes 156 and 158. The investigation which led to the raid was sparked by a citizen's tip of suspicious activity in the area.

There were no suspects present at the time of the raid and no arrests have been made. Officers searching the abandoned makeshift camps recovered evidence which will aid in the ongoing investigation of this criminal enterprise.

This is the fifth outdoor marijuana grow discovered within Clark County so far this year.

Approximately 36,000 plants with an estimated street value in excess of $72 million dollars have been removed from outdoor grow operations within Southern Nevada by the HITDA Task force in 2012.

  • Las Vegas NewsLas Vegas NewsMore>>

  • Police investigate double stabbing

    Police investigate double stabbing

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:17 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:17:18 GMT
    Two people suffering stab wounds were rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon, Metro Police said.More>>
    Two people suffering stab wounds were rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon, Metro Police said.More>>
  • Street performers peeved over downtown bathroom ban

    Street performers peeved over downtown bathroom ban

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:48 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:48:54 GMT
    Street performers bring a lot of entertainment to the Fremont Street Experience, but some of their say they are being forced out of the area when it comes to taking a bathroom break.More>>
    Street performers bring a lot of entertainment to the Fremont Street Experience, but some of their say they are being forced out of the area when it comes to taking a bathroom break.More>>
  • Coroner's office identifies 2-year-old hit by car

    Coroner's office identifies 2-year-old hit by car

    Saturday, April 19 2014 5:44 PM EDT2014-04-19 21:44:02 GMT
    The coroner's office has released the name of the little girl struck and killed by a car this week.More>>
    The coroner's office has released the name of the little girl struck and killed by a car this week.More>>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLAS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.