LAS VEGAS -- It would be nice to come home to a fully lit dome suspended 40 feet about your entry foyer. Perhaps you prefer the quiet solitude of a mini vineyard or the thrills of a luxury equestrian compound.
These are but a few of the features you would find at the eight most expensive Las Vegas metro area homes for sale, according to the real estate website Zillow.com. You won't crack this list unless the asking price for your home is at least $8.9 million.
7000 Tomiyasu Lane - Photo source: Zillow.com
1. 7000 Tomiyasu Lane, $16.5 million -- The 10-bedroom, 14 ½-bathroom compound warranted this description: "The 10-acre luxury compound located in a prime Las Vegas location is improved with five buildings, 50 total rooms sprawling over 21,000 square feet of living space." In addition to the bedrooms and bathrooms there are "five exquisite stone fireplaces, an elevator, a 5,000-bottle wine cellar and tasting room, a screening room with purified air system and temperature controlled wine storage, a casino game room with magnificent bar, a beautiful library office, an incredible trophy room with butternut wood paneling and automated recording sounds of animals in the wild that is light activated, a personal gymnasium with steam sauna, a professional beauty salon, a chic formal dining room with butlers' pantry, a grand two-story high living room with 25-foot high travertine fireplace, and a gourmet professional chef's kitchen." We cannot forget to mention the guest villa, horse stables and arena, golf driving range, and indoor underground shooting range accessible through a tunnel.
2. 26 Vintage Court, $14 million -- Pay that amount and you'll get 12 bedrooms, 13 ½ bathrooms and 24,563 square feet of living space adjacent to the exclusive Spanish Trail Country Club. At $569 a square foot it's also one of the best values on this list, with a mortgage Zillow estimated at more than $51,000 a month. Surrounded by palm trees, a colorful garden and the Spanish Trail golf course, the home features spacious rooms, high ceilings and arched windows.
3. 8101 Obannon Drive, $12.5 million -- This 27,000-square-foot spread features seven bedrooms and 14 ½ bathrooms. "Experience the ultimate playground," the description says. It goes on to mention four buildings, $1.5 million each in new landscaping and electronics/security systems, three swimming pools, of which one is indoors, an 18-car garage, a tennis court, a model airplane runway and an organic garden. "Gracious grounds with walking paths, 360 panoramic Strip and mountain views."
4. 9021 Greensboro Lane, $10.9 million -- There's six bedrooms, seven bathrooms and much more packaged with 12,647 square feet of living space in this Summerlin estate. "Upon entry you are greeted by a beautiful majestic wrought iron staircase," says the description. "Features include a seven-car garage, travertine flooring, coffered ceilings with crown molding, full prep kitchen and butler's pantry, wine cellar, two-story library, separate wings for master and guests, Creston lighting system, surround sound, elevator, mini vineyard. All bedrooms have sitting areas." There are also six fireplaces, a workout facility and dry sauna and steam facilities off the master bedroom. "Backyard oasis features sparkling pool with waterfall and waterslide, lush mature landscaping, golf, city and mountain views."
6. 587 St Croix St., $9.99 million --There are seven bedrooms and 11 bathrooms in this 13,706-square-foot Henderson property in pricey MacDonald Highlands. The eight-car garage includes four spaces that are climate controlled. "Two master suites, one upstairs and one down, both with incredible views," the description states. "Theater room that could easily seat 18 to 20 people. Gym or dance room with mirrored wall and rubber mat floor. Several fully automated disappearing doors, limestone, wood, marble floors, Creston system, elevator, kiss cabinets." There's also a 72-foot-long infinity edge pool, a spa, wet deck and outdoor kitchen.
6. 9505 Kings Gate Court, $9.5 million -- The 16,213 square feet of living space includes seven bedrooms and 9 ½ bathrooms. "Incredible estate on Badlands Golf Course in guard-gated Queensridge, featuring the finest luxury finishes and amenities with views of the Strip, mountains and golf course." For good measure the property also features an eight-car garage.
9505 Kings Gate Court - Photo source: Zillow.com
7. 9511 Kings Gate Court, $9.2 million -- Next door to the other Kings Gate property is this 15,816-square-foot home with eight bedrooms and 11 bathrooms. Columns and marble floor tiles adorn the interior, as does a theater. There is also an indoor basketball court and gymnasium.
8. 18 Olympia Hills Circle, $8.99 million -- This estate, with seven bedrooms and 9 ½ bathrooms, includes 14,960 square feet of living space. The description states: "The estate was built on the perfect lot. The owner chose a nearly one acre parcel in Southern Highlands Country Club, arguably Las Vegas' premier address, with incredible views not only of the entire Las Vegas Strip but also of the surrounding mountains that frame the valley. There are three levels with vast rooms, nearly all with views of the city and the lush grounds."