Gun Store Owner Facing Charges for Stolen Military Property - 8 News NOW

Gun Store Owner Facing Charges for Stolen Military Property

Posted: Updated:

LAS VEGAS -- Two people are facing charges in the investigation into stolen military property that was confiscated from a Las Vegas gun store.

Marco Antonio Reyes, a Nevada Army National Guardsman, and John Call, the owner of Citadel Gun and Safe, are facing charges of conspiracy to commit an offense or defraud the U.S. Government and embezzlement of public prompter. 

The Air Force organized the raid of the store last week. According to the complaint, body armor, a heavy weapons mount, infrared strobe lights, a chemical warfare suit, and meals ready to eat were seized during the raid. 

Investigators say Reyes is responsible for stealing and selling stolen and U.S. military property belonging to the Department of Defense.

According to the complaint, investigators received a tip that Call was in possession of body armor plates that were stolen from Nellis Air Force Base.

Police Raid Gun and Safe Store

Reyes will appear before Federal Magistrate Judge Foley at 3 p.m. Call has yet to have a court hearing set.

  • Las Vegas NewsLas Vegas NewsMore>>

  • Police investigate double stabbing

    Police investigate double stabbing

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:17 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:17:18 GMT
    Two people suffering stab wounds were rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon, Metro Police said.More>>
    Two people suffering stab wounds were rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon, Metro Police said.More>>
  • Street performers peeved over downtown bathroom ban

    Street performers peeved over downtown bathroom ban

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:48 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:48:54 GMT
    Street performers bring a lot of entertainment to the Fremont Street Experience, but some of their say they are being forced out of the area when it comes to taking a bathroom break.More>>
    Street performers bring a lot of entertainment to the Fremont Street Experience, but some of their say they are being forced out of the area when it comes to taking a bathroom break.More>>
  • Coroner's office identifies 2-year-old hit by car

    Coroner's office identifies 2-year-old hit by car

    Saturday, April 19 2014 5:44 PM EDT2014-04-19 21:44:02 GMT
    The coroner's office has released the name of the little girl struck and killed by a car this week.More>>
    The coroner's office has released the name of the little girl struck and killed by a car this week.More>>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLAS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.