HENDERSON, Nev. -- In an effort to keep trick or treaters say, the city of Henderson is suggesting that they should only trick or treat from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Halloween.
City officials say motorists and pedestrians need to use special caution that weekend. They are also offering some safety tips.
- Use makeup instead of masks so your child's vision isn't blocked.
- Make sure costumes are not too long to prevent your child from tripping.
- Attach reflector strips to costumes and bags, and make sure your trick-or-treaters carry glow sticks and flashlights.
- Remind your children not to eat any treats until they've come home.
- Check all treats at home and dispose of anything that is no longer sealed or not in factory wrapping.
- Report any suspicious or criminal activities to the police department